I interviewed Frank Jackson, from Rocky Mountain Safari this week. Frank lives in Colorado where he uses small trimarans to help others get out on the water for camp-cruising adventures.
We’ve already featured Frank’s boats here. But I wanted to actually have a conversation with him about the DIY approach he used in order to create these fun tris.
Here are the boats we talked about …
Among the topics discussed are:
- What Rocky Mountain Safari is all about … and Frank’s extensive sailing experience
- How these DIY trimarans came about … and why they’re great for camp-cruising excursions
- How he approached design issues … including rigging and amas
- A couple of unique camping / sailing venues out West … including Lake Powell
My interview with Frank is below.
You can listen to it in either 1 of 2 ways …
2) Click on the audio bar controls below in order to start or stop or pause (or go to different segments) of my conversation with him.
I hope you enjoy it!